Mind And Body Relaxation: 10 Significant Types Of Body Massage
Everyday stress is inevitable in today's fast-paced world. Tension headaches, stiffness in your shoulders, abdominal pain and mixed aches are symptoms of built-up tension. This is one case where you have to do nothing but relax and let your body take a breather. The confident hands of our expert massage therapist will help melt away all that stress and tension as the sun brings energy to every part of your body.
Let us have a quick overview of the different types and benefits of body massage. We will also discuss some tips while going for a body massage.
Types of Body Massage
There are different types of massages available in our salon. We are listing some of them.
A special type of massage that involves applying pressure to the feet and hands with specific movements and pressure. No oil or cream is used in this technique. And the pressure applied to these areas stimulates the effective functioning of those organs.
Active Release Technique aka ART
ART is used to treat a variety of conditions, such as pain caused by overuse of muscles. When muscles are subjected to tearing, stretching or injury, they produce hard and dense scar tissue at the site, this technique helps.
It originated in China. It involves applying physical pressure to acupressure points using the hands, elbows, palms, wrists and knees or using machines. Acupressure techniques of body massage are believed to restore the balance of energy throughout the body.
The therapy/technique involves long, kneading strokes combined with rhythmic tapping strokes and movement of the joints. It helps with stiffness and reduces joint pain.
This is one of the most common types of massage. It is a body massage using a blend of highly effective essential oils and essential oils mixed with carrier oil to massage the body.
This type of massage involves twisting, kneading and caressing the tender skin. It improves the blood, oxygen and energy flow throughout the body.
This technique involves applying gentle strokes and touching the scalp, face, spine and pelvis. It controls the flow of cerebrospinal fluid.
Using cold or hot stones to apply pressure and heat to the body. The stones can be heated with water, or oil and are usually basalt stones or lava rocks that are smooth and polished.
It is a type of gentle massage that facilitates the natural production and drainage of lymph.
This involves a deep, full-body massage that moves from the feet to the upper body and focuses on stroking the body's energy lines. It is effective in managing musculoskeletal pain and fatigue, improves flexibility and range of motion of joints, and improves blood flow in the body
Benefits of Body Massage
- Regular massage improves blood circulation: Manipulation of soft tissues and chemicals and hormones during massage also improves blood flow in the body.
- Makes skin rejuvenating: A full body massage helps remove dead skin cells over the entire body for improved skin tone. The simulated blood flow benefits the appearance and health of the skin.
- Massage can also boost tissue regeneration, which helps in reducing the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- The simulated blood flow benefits the appearance and health of the skin. Massage can also boost tissue regeneration, which helps in reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- It loosens your stiff muscles, reduces spasms, lowers back pain, relieves pain after surgery, releases feel-good hormones in the body and reduces migraines.
- Massage therapy has shown good results for medical conditions such as tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, obesity, sleep disorders, frozen shoulder, sciatica, and carpal tunnel syndrome.